Purpose: The purpose of the Public Safety / NG 9-1-1 Working Group is to educate, inform and work toward GIS solutions in Public Safety and Next Gen 9-1-1 to all stakeholders in the Public Safety Community throughout the state.
- To identify the key stakeholders for each county/municipality that will play a role in the development and implementation of NG 9-1-1
- To educate and inform those key stakeholders on the GIS component of NG 9-1-1
- Work with the stakeholders to develop common workflows for editing and maintaining GIS data for NG 9-1-1
- Identify funding sources for implementation of NG 9-1-1
- To identify business case(s) / best practices that can improve the development and implementation of NG 9-1-1 for GIS
- To work on other Public safety GIS concerns in all discipline including but not limited to Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Service, Fire and Police.
- To continue to support the key stakeholders after NG 9-1-1 implementation
- To advocate to State and local government officials on Public Safety/Homeland Security/GIS community issues and concerns that affect this user community and to the safety of the citizens in the State of Maryland.
Product – The products for this working group will be GIS support and solutions for the Public Safety Community and NG 9-1-1 implementation.
At a minimum, the working group should include representatives from:
- Public Safety / 9-1-1 Community
- Emergency Management Community
- State of Maryland
- Private Sector
Future Participants will include:
- Cross State Participants
Organization and Process
Monthly Meetings at first to determine Organization
- Organization will determine when meetings will occur. If a workgroup is divided into regions, then there might be monthly regional meeting with Working group meetings every 2 months
- Much will be dependent on the ENSB (Maryland Emergency Numbers System Board) RFP.
For more information contact: Peter Hanna – firstname.lastname@example.org
For meeting notes and a map of identified GIS contacts: NG 9-1-1 Working Group 1/24/2017